With the release of Filemaker 13 back in December 2013, we were really excited about the new tools and feature they given us as developers.
Enhanced iOS Feature Support :
FileMaker Inc. already leading the way in iOS application development now adds features that will give us an opportunity to design an even better and more visually familiar iOS experience.
- Popovers : Popovers are a kind of extension of layouts and allows accommodation of more layout objects and a thrill to look at.
- Slide Controls : These are an extension of tab panels and are a real treat to eyes. With this one can have a switch tabs with the slide of the finger in iOS devices.
- New Keyboards for iOS : This is a welcome feature which enables a user to select different keyboard controls like numeric, alpha-numeric, email, Phone number etc.
- Barcode scanning : Now scan barcodes directly from the iOS device without any external plugin with ‘InsertFromDevice’ script step.
Web-Direct (FileMaker Web Direct) :
- Rich text styles cannot be used.
- Multiple windows support not possible.
- Importing data from external sources (XML, ODBC)
- Some script triggers not supported ( i.e.OnObjectKeystroke andOnLayoutKeystroke )